Monday, May 23, 2011

Xsparkage Inspired Eye Look

Recently, I've been watching some videos by Xsparkage.  She has her own blog and youtube.  Her most recent look inspired me to do something fun and colorful and not something you would wear everyday.  (Well I wouldn't at least.)  She was inspired by the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie for this look.  Here is what I attempted on my mom (a.k.a my willing guinea pig).  Keep in mind, I used different products and altered how I did it, making it my own.

What you need is.....
1) BH Cosmetics 88 Color Standard Shimmer Palette
2) primer or base
3) NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Purple
4) basic black eyeliner pencil
5) liquid eyeliner
6) mascara

Step 1: Apply a primer or base all over the lid.

Step 2: (Since there are no names or numbers on the palette, I decided to number them from left to right from the top, going downward.  So, the lightest color <top left corner> is #1 and the darkest <bottom right corner> is #88.)  Take #50 and apply it all over the lid.

 Step 3: Apply #26 to the inner and outer corners of the lid and blend slightly.

Step 4: Using #81, go into the crease.

Step 5: From the crease, brush #27 up slightly, blending with the top colors.

Step 6: On the bottom and top lash line, apply NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Purple.

Step 7: Use a black eyeliner on the bottom waterline.

Step 8: Go over the purple eyeliner with #72 for more of a smokey effect.

Step 9: From the upper lash line, going halfway into the purple, apply a thin line of liquid liner.

Step 10: Use #12 as an eyebrow highlight.  Place it at the highest point under your eyebrow and brush it out to the rest of the bottom of your eyebrow from there.

Step 11: Apply some mascara and you're ready to go for a night time/ smokey mermaid/ sea life type look!
Here is a link to my inspiration:http://www.youtube.com/user/xsparkage?blend=1&ob=5#p/u/0/_fEzjYvQ5Q4

Have fun with this and make it your own just like I did!

Always,
Britta

No comments:

Post a Comment