Wednesday, May 11, 2011

L'Oreal One Sweep Eyeshadow

When I first saw the ad for the new One Sweep Eyeshadow from L'Oreal, my first thought was that an eye look like that could not possibly come from that weirdly shaped brush and three joined strips of shadow.  Then, I started thinking that it was the perfect thing to blog about.  If I got it and it didn't work, I could let you all know that it was a piece of junk, but if it actually did work, I could post a lot of different looks from it.  So, I went ahead and bought it.  I think I ended up paying around $10 for it which I wasn't thrilled about.  If it didn't work, I would've wasted $10 I could've spent on a new lip stick (If anyone has a favorite lipstick, please, please, please let me know.) or even an eyeliner or a new top from Forever 21.  I rushed home from CVS and tried it on.  I was a little disappointed when I realized it didn't really look like the ad.  But the more I stared at it, the more I started to like the look.  Sure, it wasn't as gorgeous as the ad, but what makeup ever is?  The eyeshadow didn't go on too thick or too thin either.  The amount and color was perfect.  It wasn't to sparkly or anything.  It had a really nice, subtle shimmer, perfect for an everyday natural look.  I took pictures of it on my friend today and even though I got the eyeshadow in Natural For Brown Eyes, it looked amazing on her gorgeous teal-y green ones.  The One Sweep made her eyes pop like crazy.  I did add a super thin line of eyeliner from Cargo in Bronze just for an even smokier look.  If you're looking for a really subtle, natural look (with a bit of shimmer), I definitely recommend the L'Oreal One Sweep Eyeshadow.   

On my friend.  (Aren't her eyes absolutely gorgeous?!)
The eyeliner I used. (Bronze from Cargo.)
Always,
Britta

1 comment: