Tuesday, May 10, 2011

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil Review

It seems like a lot of you really liked the green eyed look (and I did tell you I would) so here is a review on the pencil I used.  I bought these pencils recently online at NYX in Rocky Mountain Green (which was in the green eyed look), Baby Blue, and my favorite, Purple!  Whether it's makeup, clothing, or nail polish, if it's purple it's probably my fave!  Not all the time but the majority of it, yes.  I'm a purple-holic!  What can I say?  Anyway, I have been really loving these pencils.  I use them mostly just as liners, but you can use them all over the lid.  They glide on really smooth and are super light weight.  I can't even tell when I'm wearing them when I do.  The Rocky Mountain Green is like a true green with a gold tint to it, which is great with hazel eyes.  The Baby Blue is a frosty light blue with a shimmer and almost metallic look when worn.  And last but definitely not least, the purple is more of a bluey-purple than a plain purple.  It also has a lighter blue shimmer to it, if that makes sense.

Even though I am really loving these right now, I do have to admit there are a couple flaws to it.  First off, they don't stay on super well and easily slide off with a rub which isn't the greatest.  Also, when worn on the bottom lash line, they can end up looking like flakes of mascara.  I still haven't figured out how to make it not look like that yet, but when (if) I do, I will let you all know.  Other than that, I love these pencils and recommend them to anyone who eye rubbing is not an issue for!


From left to right; Rocky Mountain Green, Baby Blue, Purple

Always,
Britta

2 comments:

  1. 'For whom eye rubbing is not an issue' silly girl.

    But you forgot to mention not to use blue and green together hahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was just how I did it....! Haha!

    ReplyDelete