Monday, May 2, 2011

Pulp Fashion

Here are a few of the dresses on display.
Yesterday, I happened to be in San Fransisco with my family and we decided to go see an exhibit that my grandmother had been talking about for a while.  This A-mazing exhibit was at the Legion of Honor in SF, titled Pulp Fashion.  In it, there were fantastic dresses starting from the 1600's, I believe, and through to the 1900's.  But this was what made them so extraordinary; They were all entirely made of paper!  Intricate gowns had been replicated from famous paintings into 3-D paper masterpieces.  The artist's name is Isabelle de Borchgrave.  There is also another exhibit at the Legion of Honor focusing on Spanish fashion.  Unfortunately, I didn't get to check that one out, so I can't really say much about it other than it does end July 4, 2011.  It is called Balenciaga and Spain.  I do, 100% recommend The Pulp Fashion to any age interested in clothing or fashion.  But get there soon, because it does end June 5, 2011!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh I've read about Pulp Fashion! how cool you got to see it in person! :)

    ReplyDelete