Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Spring Hair

Hair is another thing that can add just a little more spring to your look.  Loose buns and braids are always fun, but I thought I would try a fishtail.  As you can see by my pics, you don't need to be an expert to make this look uber cute and full of spring.  A great way to preserve a flower just for the day to wear in your hair is to coat it in clear nail polish.  This will keep the petals from falling out or wilting quickly, while still letting it look real and fresh!  Leave some hair loose in the front, adding to the carefree look.

For those of you who are foreign to the art of fishtail braiding, here's how to get the look:
1: Gather all the hair going into the braid and split it into two equal parts.
 2: Take a chunk of hair from one side and cross it over to the other, joining it to the rest of the hair.
 3: Repeat, getting tighter and grabbing smaller chunks as you get further.
 4: Tie it at the end with a rubber band and pull hair that you didn't mean to be loose into a bobby pin or two.  Add a flower if you want. (Try the nail polish trick.)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE wearing flowers in my hair (I have a huge collection of fake ones on clips and pins and such) but I've never tried real ones... I'm definitely going to have to try the nail polish thing!

    ReplyDelete