Monday, May 9, 2011

My 'Adele Inspired Look' Inspired by Nikkie

In honor of my last post, I thought I would show you a look that I learned from one of my inspirations I talked about.  This Adele Inspired Look is something that I found on a recent Youtube video of hers.  It's really easy once you master the eyeliner part.  All you need is Expensive Pink by MAC, a light brown eyeshadow for the crease, (She uses Cork by MAC) liquid eyeliner, and a nude lipstick.  For the brown eyeshadow, I used a random one from an e.l.f. palette I had.  I just recently bought NYX's Studio Liquid Liner in Extreme Smokey Gray which I can say after trying out out on my friend, my sister, and myself, I do not recommend.  On all three of us, it burned our lids when we applied it.  It was terrible, so I'm still searching for a good, appropriately priced liquid liner.  If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.  For the lips, I used Revlon's Nude Attitude lipstick and a Clinique lipgloss I've had forever in Nudey.  I've had it so long I don't even know if they still make it.  Any nude or light lipgloss will work.

Watch this video to see how she applies everything.  As you can see, I did alter what I used and slightly how I did it, but the overall look either way is stunning.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wPMFskbx3A

Here's what I attempted on my sister:



Can't forget the lips:











I love this look and would totally wear it on myself!  Go watch the video and try it out!

-Britta

No comments:

Post a Comment