Sunday, May 8, 2011

My Inspirations

Today I thought I would share with you the two figures that inspired me to become so interested in makeup and starting my own blog.  They are both hilarious and have an amazing sense of humor which is something that I look for a lot in role models. They aren't afraid to be who they are.  I look at my computer screen as I watch their tutorials and reviews and think, Wow.  They aren't holding back from their true personalities at all.  Most importantly, their tutorials are so informative and make sense to a beginner (like myself).  The first one who really sparked my interest in makeup was Cora or Vintage or Tacky.  She is really daring and creative with her eye looks and uses lots of bold colors.  It was while I was watching her on Youtube that I found my second inspiration, Nikkie or Nikkie Tutorials.  Her looks are less colorful in a way and more smokey and a lot are the type of makeup I would wear every day. Others are more geared more toward a party type look or based off of an inspiration i.e. Lady Gaga and Adele.  She makes me laugh every time I watch her.  Her personality is just so lovable and funny in almost a quirky way.  These two women have inspired me and hopefully they will to you too.

I want to know who your inspirations are!  Let me know!
Here are links to both of them:
www.vintageortacky.com
www.nikkietutorials.com
or
www.youtube.com/vintageortacky
www.youtube.com/nikkietutorials
-Britta

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I can't wait to check these out. :)

    My inspirations as far as bloggers would probably Phyrra (www.phyrra.com)--it was her reviews on a MMU site that attracted me to the makeup blogging community in general. And she also pointed the way to a lot of other makeup bloggers, which was awesome. :)

    The vlogger who influences a LOT of my general makeup would be Tammy, (http://www.youtube.com/user/AsToldByTammy) an employee of DisneyWorld who posts tutorials on how to do Princess makeup (as well as general creative looks).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Tammy's rainbow eye look! It is so fun and colorful (like a rainbow)! Thanks a billion for telling me your inspirations!

    ReplyDelete