Monday, May 30, 2011

Take a Walk on Your Wild Side

Since my last eye look was a natural one, I thought I'd mix it up a bit.  Although this look is inspired by something in nature, I wouldn't quite call it natural.  I wore this leopard print eye to school the other day and had so many compliments and questions on how I did it, so here it is.  All you need is......

1) primer or base
2) BH Cosmetics Standard Shimmer Palette (or a gold and a brown eye shadow)
3) liquid eye liner
4) eye shadow brush

Step 1: Apply the base all over the lid.

(Since there are no names or numbers on the palette, I decided to number them from left to right from the top, going downward.  So, the lightest color <top left corner> is #1 and the darkest <bottom right corner> is #88.)

Step 2: Pat #46 on the lid. (When you pat the shadow on rather than brushing it, you will get much better color pay off.)

Step 3: Apply #54 over the gold on the corners and up a little bit further where the print is going to go.

Step 4: Take your liquid liner for the print and start mimicking the spot of a leopard.  Draw small C's and wavy O's, dots and lines randomly to look like a leopard.
 Go crazy with this wild look and, as always, make it your own!

Always,
Britta

1 comment: