Monday, September 26, 2011

Halloween Series: Cleopatra Eyes

To start off this Halloween makeup series, I thought I would do a Cleopatra look because I know that can be a popular costume. (Coming from a girl who was her two years ago.) This may seem super early to be starting Halloween tutorials, but I thought some of these may give a few of you some inspirations who aren't quite sure what character they will be portraying on October 31st! If you think about it, most people have their costume idea by the beginning of October anyway. I think there are many different ways of portraying this eye look, so here is one of them!

What you'll need.....
-eye primer
-MAC Paintpot in Rubenesque
-burnt golden eye shadow
-gel liner
-black shadow
-mascara
-liquid liner

Here's one way to achieve this look.....

Step 1- Apply a primer all over the lid.

Step 2- Apply MAC Paintpot in Rubenesque just up to your crease.
Step 3- Go over that in a burnt golden eye shadow.
Step 4- Apply your black gel liner with a simple liner brush as shown below. (It's ok if it's a bit shaky. You're going to clean it up with a shadow next.)
Step 5- Go over the gel liner with a black shadow. I used Noir from my Sleek palette.

Step 6- Using your gel liner, create the straight line below. For the curlicue, it might be easier to use the liquid liner or a thin pointed liner brush. Apply mascara.

And there you have your Cleopatra look! As I said before, there are many different ways of doing this. You can do exactly what I did here or you could even take snippets of this and make it your own! Have fun and I will have more Halloween makeup up after this!

P.S.- For any Halloween makeup requests, comment below!

Always,
Britta

No comments:

Post a Comment