Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Amazing (Addictive) Chocolate Rolo Cookies

I found this recipe while looking around for something new to make on cooks.com. I decided to make them myself, following their recipe exactly as said, except for the cook time which needed to be longer. I am a huge fan of Rolo candies, so these were so up my alley! If you're interested in making them, here is the recipe and directions from cooks.com.....
2 1/2 c. flour
3/4 c. unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
1 c. sugar
1 c. packed brown sugar
1 c. butter, softened
2 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
48 Rolo candies
Mix flour, cocoa, and soda. Cream eggs, sugar, vanilla and butter until fluffy. Add dry ingredients; mix well. Chill 10-15 minutes.Place 1 tablespoon dough around 1 Rolo (flour hands). Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 7-10 minutes at 375 degrees. Cool 2 minutes, then finish cooling on rack.

(I didn't need to flour my hands because I used a small ice cream scooper to scoop the dough.)

I also didn't need all 48 Rolos. For me, the batch made 38 cookies which is still a lot even for a big family like mine, (whom all loved the cookies by the way, along with my neighbors.) So, there's definitely room to share. Here are some pics of my recreation.

I think these cookies turned out delicious and I can't stop eating them! Which is probably not the healthiest habit, but hey, it was so worth it!

Oringinal Recipe (same as I have posted): http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1810,159187-224197,00.html

Always,
Britta

No comments:

Post a Comment