Friday, July 15, 2011

Makeup Necessity: Eye Shadow Primer

I thought I might start a small series with some of my most loved products.  My first one is eye shadow primer.  No matter what type of eye look you are going for, no matter your skin type, primers are a must-have.  There are so many benefits to using them including the fact that your eye shadow won't crease, you will have better color payoff, it will stay much longer, and you will experience less fallout. That is, if you get one that is of decent quality.  I started off using BH Cosmetic's lip and eye primer.  It really did help, but since I'm still considered pretty new to the beauty world, I don't know that it is my fave. I have been trying Too Faced Shadow Insurance and once I get the feel of it, I will let you know. Another popular one (I have not tried it out yet, though) is Urban Decay's Primer Potion. Again, I've never tried it so I can't tell you about it. I just know many people are quite fond of it. I just want to show you some swatches of eye shadows with and without primer just to show you the difference in color. For these pics, I used my BH Cosmetics primer.
I used two colors from my BH palette. The left one of the blues is with primer, the right being without. The same with the greens.
As you can see, there is a huge difference in the color between without primer as to with.  I hope you enjoyed my short makeup necessity post and found it somewhat helpful! You might need to shop around for primers until you find the one that is best for you.

Always,
Britta

2 comments:

  1. LOOOOOVE Too Faced Shadow Insurance. Like a ROCK your shadow won't budge.

    Currently using Stay the Day primer by Darling Girl, which is way cheaper and does the same job but for long days or special events TFSI is my go to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love Urban Decay Brand!! Every product is so unique and the colors are amazing- definitely recommending Primer Potion ;)

    ReplyDelete