Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Purple Look for Green Eyes

My friend Julia asked me yesterday if purple really made green eyes pop. When done correctly, you can make your eyes pop with any color, but purple in itself is known to help green eyes without much effort. If you guys like this, I can probably do looks and tips for different colored eyes. Just let me know! I ended up doing a dark smokey purple for this and I hope this answers your question, Julia!


If you look at a color wheel, red is the main complimenting color to a true green. I don't think you really want to go around with a red lid, but hey, what ever tickles you pink. So, other colors that go hand in hand with green are purples and peachy pinks. In person with this look, my eyes look super green and definitely pop more than they would with another color. Another thing to keep in mind, I went over my waterline and tightline with a black liner. That also added to the popping effect. This trick goes for all eye colors, not just green. I hope you found this helpful and let me know if you want to see more looks like this!

Products Used:
-Lime Crime Eyeshadow Helper
-Maybelline 24 hr. Color Tattoo in Painted Purple
-mark. Piccadilly e/s
-MAC Blackberry e/s
-Sleek Oh So Special palette (matte black)
-Wet 'n Wild Knock on Wood palette (pale pink highlight)
-NYX Studio Liquid Liner in Extreme Smokey Gray
-Clinique Naturally Glossy mascara
-Benefit Bad Gal Lash mascara
-Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Pencil in Zero

Always,
Britta

No comments:

Post a Comment