Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Help Out in Africa!

I've been learning a lot about this drought that is going on in Africa and all the children and families who are dying from a number of things including starvation and dehydration which leads to sicknesses and so on. When my mom first showed me a picture of a starving little boy on the top headlines of CNN, I honestly asked her if it was fake. That's how sad it was! I'm looking around at all the makeup purchases I've made lately and thought, "Wow! That money could go to a child like that instead of to make my eyelids or lips a cute color." Children like this have struggles being fed let alone wearing makeup! I'm thinking about organizing a project to help out, but in the meantime, you can donate here to unicef: https://secure.unicefusa.org/site/Donation2?df_id=10380&10380.donation=form1
Picture that started my yearn to help. From CNN. I know it's not what you want to see, but it's reality right now for this hungry child. Help out and donate what you can.
Always,
Britta

No comments:

Post a Comment