Tuesday, August 30, 2011

DIY: Penut Butter

Yesterday I was making a few things that you would think to normally buy including whole wheat bread and PEANUT BUTTER! I love peanut butter on sandwiches, pancakes, chocolate, apples, in ice cream, and basically anything else. I'm also a huge fan of crunchy peanut butter. I decided to go ahead and try to make my own. What you will be needing.....

-1 c salted peanuts
-1 tbsp vegetable oil
-sugar to taste
-food processor

Here's how it can be done.....

Step 1- Add the first 1/2 cup of peanuts into your food processor along with the tbsp of oil.

Step 2- Blend until it starts to get pasty then add the other peanuts.

Step 3- If it is too thin for you, you can add more peanuts.

Step 4- Add sugar to taste.

Step 5- Jar it up and refrigerate it!
Unless you have an amazingly good food processor and you blend it for hours, the peanut butter will turn out a little crunchy which I love! Hope all of you peanut butter freaks found this helpful considering it's so much healthier than, say Skippy which is loaded with bad stuff you don't want on your sandwiches everyday. If you have any requests on DIY's, I would be more than happy to do a little research and make some food to show you all! Just leave it in the comments below!

Always,
Britta


No comments:

Post a Comment